Holiday season is here and with that comes cooking at all hours of the day and night. While you’re dreaming of those amazing smells drifting through your house be sure to keep safe. Cooking is the leading cause of home fires and fire injuries. Ranges or cooktops cause 62% of home fires according to the National Fire Protection Association. Learn how to stay safe with these tips
- Keep anything that can catch fire away from your stove top.
- Always unplug counter top appliances when not in use.
- Double check that everything is off when you finish cooking.
- Prevent fires by keeping your oven and stove top clean of grease and dust.
- Never leave the kitchen while cooking.
- Never cook while sleepy, drinking alcohol, or taking medication that makes you drowsy.
- Never disable a smoke alarm while cooking.
- Never use a cooking stove to heat your home.
SERVPRO of Dothan is always here to help. Please call 334-699-5961 - 24/7 for emergency help!