Best Practices In The Event of Water Damage
Water damage can cause a tremendous amount of stress and heartache when it happens in your home, short term and long term. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Dothan has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
These tips can help you in the event of a flood in your home.
- Turn the water off. If a pipe has busted in your home, make sure to turn off the main water line. If you can’t determine where the water is coming from, call an expert in your area.
- Turn off the power. In the event of a large water loss in your home, cut off the power.
- Personal Safety is a priority. Don’t plug in or use any electrical appliances around standing water or wet flooring.
- Take action to remove water. Use a mop or towels to get up as much water as you can quickly, to help minimize water damage to your home and contents.
- Salvage personal contents. Remove furniture and belongings to a dry area.
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more.
SERVPRO of Dothan arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 at 334-699-5961