Winterizing Your Business
The worst of the winter season is yet to come, and the harshness of the season has the potential to take a toll on your building. Water can collect in cracks and spaces between bricks and masonry and freeze, causing structural damage. Even in warmers climates like here in Houston County, extended hours of cold temps can lead to bursting pipes and unwanted damages to your business.
Fortunately, with a small amount of preparation you can help prevent some problems from occurring this winter. The following precautionary measures will help take care of your property.
- Check your facility for broken or damaged trees.
- Inspect all handrails, stairwells and entry points to address slippery conditions that might occur.
- Install slip resistant mats to prevent falls
- Keep floors dry and rugs inside doorways to help dry up unwanted water.
- Post caution signs to warn employees and guest of the winter conditions.
- Always unplug heaters.
- Make sure pipes are wrapped and secure to prevent freezing.
- Keep some water dripping at night to prevent pipes from busting.
Preparing for winter can sometimes be a lot of work, but these few tips can help prevent your business from experiencing any winter damage.
SERVPRO of Dothan is always here to help.
Please call 334-699-5961 - 24/7 for emergency help!