10 Holiday Safety Tips For The Houston County Residents!
The holidays are sneaking up on us and listed below are a few holiday tips we would like to share.
1. Inspect electrical decorations for damage before use.
2.DO NOT overload electrical outlets!!!
3. Never connect more than three strands of lights. Connecting more than this will cause a fuse to blow, and could potentially cause a fire.
4. Keep your tree watered daily. Watering your tree daily will keep it alive and prevent drying out. Trees can be a serious fire hazard!
5. Use battery operated candles.
6. Do NOT leave the house with a fire going in your fire place! Always be home and awake with a fire is going inside. The wood used in a fireplace can sometimes spark and pop. This can land on a rug or carpeted area, causing a house fire to start.
7. Protect electrical cords.
Cords should never be pinched by furniture , forced into tight places, or placed under rugs/ carpeted areas. Also remember that you should never nail or staple down an electrical cord. This can cause damage to the cord and therefore end us causing a house fire to start.
8. Stay in the kitchen when something is cooking!
Never leave your oven or stove unattended.
9.Turn off any decoration while you are away from your home or asleep at night!!!
10. Keep combustibles at least 3 feet away from a heat source. This was one of the main causes of fires last year.
SERVPRO of Dothan is always here to help. Please be safe and share these few tips with friends and family this holiday season!
Get prepared and stay safe!